Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Talk about it Thursday



This Christmas Cactus was given to me by my father in November of 2005. He brought me this little Christmas Cactus as a gift on Thanksgiving Day. It was only a little 6 inch plant when I got it. I have replanted it twice. It is probably the only plant that I have ever been able to keep alive. It will bloom about twice a year and it is just beautiful when it does. I give its location in my window box as the secret to its survival. I also find that it likes it when we keep the temperature a little lower in the house. It is beautiful and it makes me happy!




I did move the cactus so I could take a better picture of it with no flash. The second picture is where it usually sits in my dining room window box.

1 comment:

Trudy said...

Very pretty. I guess to get one of those I'd have to host a major holiday? I think I might enjoy looking at your pictures.

What beauty.