This is my faithful friend, Chelsea. She has been my constant companion for fourteen years. She was my child before I had any. She was my friend and protector when I became single, and was out on my own again. She was there through the tears and through the happy times that followed. She patiently waited when I met my husband and was gone more. She patiently waited when I was busy with my new babies. She was always just content to lay by my side and wait for the attention she knew would eventually come. She has never demanded anything from me. All she has ever wanted was just some of my
time and attention.On more than one occasion I have left her somewhere that was out of the ordinary. One of these times was at my father's house. My sister was going to take one of her children for a walk so she decided to take Chelsea with her. Chelsea went along for a few blocks, but suddenly realized that she was not where I left her. She stopped, turned around and took off running. My poor sister was so afraid that something would happen to her that she was yelling for her to stop and had to turn the stroller around and tried to catch up to her. When she made it back to the house, Chelsea was sitting at the door, just waiting; waiting for her master to come back and get her. This is not the only time she has done something like this. From the first day I got her, she was my dog; over time she became my child, my friend and my faithful companion.
It was fate that I was at the Vet that day and a man was there with a puppy who had been dumped at his house. His dogs didn't want her around so he was looking for a home for her. She was the sweetest looking little puppy so even though I all ready had two dogs, I took her home and have loved her ever since. She has always been smart and loyal and I do not know what I am going to do when she is no longer here with me. I will not think about that now, I will only love her and cherish her as long as I can.
3 comments:
Yes, Chelsea indeed is a faithful friend and family member. Those are darling pictures of her. Yes, let's enjoy her every loyal moment. St. Francis, pray for her.
She is the most faithful, attached dog I have ever seen! I can attest to her determination and sensing that she was too far from the point you left her. Down the street was fine but once we turned that corner it was like I was kidnapping her. She is truly "man's best friend." Shouldn't we all be so loyal and ready to love so unconditionally.
Thanks for visiting my website! Your dog is a cutie. I'll be posting another dog entry tomorrow or tonight (depends on if my scanner works!)
Dogs are such great companions! I can't imagine not having a dog.
Post a Comment