Monday, March 17, 2008

Sleeping like a Baby


When I got into bed last night I thought how wonderful it would be to be three or five years old again! No, I really was thinking how lucky my children had it. They could say there night-night prayers, get kisses from there parents and climb into bed without a worry. When their heads hit their pillows they have nothing else to worry about as they drift off to sleep. I am sure my son thought about his jump-a-thon that he was having today and my daughter had thoughts of her babies maybe, who knows. But they do not have the worries of the adult world. The more I thought about this, the more it made me long for a simpler life.

And then it hit me, smack in the middle of my thoughts. I am suppose to be like a child. I am suppose to rely on my Father to take care of all my problems. If I truly believe in him, then what do I have to worry about. He will take care of all my needs, and my wants according to his will. I do not need to lay awake at the end of the day trying to figure out how I am going to take care of all my problems, because he will provide me exactly what I need, when I need it. If it is not provided, then I didn't need it! I just need to believe and have constant faith that he will provide all that I need.

My son told me awhile back, "Mommy, did you know that Jesus doesn't answer all of our prayers?" "He doesn't?" I said. I was thinking oh no, what has he been praying for that he hasn't gotten. "No, he doesn't because he has a better plan for us!" I told him that he was right and that we needed to trust that God would always give us what we need, when we need it. My five year old son was exactly right. I need to remember that prayer isn't always asking but of talking to God and letting him show me what his Plan is for my life. If I would do a better job of that, I would be sleeping as soundly and as quickly as my beautiful children.

2 comments:

Trudy said...

Beautiful post. This is exactly how we are supposed to feel. If only we could remember long enough. Beautiful picture!

Anonymous said...

Amen to that! Couldn't have said it better!