On Saturday we were celebrating Birthdays. One was for this sweet little one year old! She is the granddaughter of our good friends. They had a birthday party set up at a park and had planned to have over 150 people there, but because of the weather, there were probably only 100! We did have a couple of spells of rain, but once the cloud would pass over, the rain would stop and the sun came out and it was beautiful. My children were having lots of fun on the inflatable obstacle course that they had.

At first my son, the brave one, would only walk and bounce on the flat parts of the obstacle course. Once he got used to the course, he finally ventured into doing other things, including climbing the ladder to slide down the slide, and climbing over the different objects.
I think they had more fun in this inflatable then in the bounce house. There were older and younger kids inside it at the same time. But because it was long they could stay away from each other and all enjoy the fun at the same time.
The weather got a little warm later on and the kids were able to shed the jackets. This just made the jumping and running a lot more fun. 

The kids and the adults had a great time. Our friends had hired a caterer to come and make tacos at the the park. They made carne asada, pollo and also pork but I could never say it in Spanish! They cooked the meat, heated the tortillas and had all the fixings, including grilled jalapenos and onions as well as homemade pico de gallo, guacamole, rice and beans. They were oh so good! I lost count of how many I ate throughout the afternoon!We had a good time and so did the kids. My son had to leave in the middle to go to a birthday of one of his classmates. It was at Chuck E. Cheese. He had fun there but he would have rather stayed at the park with the Obstacle course. I will have to remember that for the next party that we have.
4 comments:
That looks like alot of fun. I remember jumping in one of those things one time, and it almost killed me. Way to much work. I bet they were worn out.
The obstacle course looks like a lot of fun! I wouldn't mind doing it myself. YUM Tacos!!! That's our favorite dinner; never thought of doing it for a birthday party. I oughta try that. Have a great day!!
Wow - what a celebration!!! That little one sure is blessed to have so many people celebrate her life! Sounds like a great day to remember!
Beautiful colors in the pictures. I can't believe the little baby is already one! The first of many double/triple birthday party Saturdays. The kids look like they had a lot of fun - must've been the energy from the delicious tacos - yummy.
Post a Comment