
Sisters Mary Catherine, Maria Theresa, Katherine Marie, Rose Frances, and Mary Kathleen left the convent on a trip to St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York City and were sight-seeing on a Tuesday in July. It was hot and humid in town and their traditional garb was making them so uncomfortable. They decided to stop in at Patty McGuire's Pub for a cold soft drink. Patty had recently added special legs to his bar stools, which were the talk of the fashionable east side neighborhood. All 5 Nuns sat up at the bar and were enjoying their Cokes when Monsignor Riley and Father McGinty entered the bar through the front door. They too came for a cold drink. They were shocked and almost fainted at what they saw.
GIVE US A SENSE OF HUMOR LORD, GIVE US THE GRACE TO SEE A JOKE, TO GET SOME HUMOR OUT OF LIFE, AND PASS IT ON TO OTHER FOLK .
Check out other more traditional Wordless Wednesday posts here! Happy WW.
9 comments:
that's hilarious!
ROFLOL! Love it! Took me a moment to figure that out! Happy WW!
Ha ha ha! I know I did a double take!
So funny!! Happy WW!
This is great! I had to read your blurb before I realized it was chair legs!
LOLOLOL
I had to look at that for a while before it clicked. Woo I needed that. Happy WW
LOL that is funny! Thanks for the laugh!
Oh, you remind me of your brother!
HA! That's great! I had to look like 3 times before I realized what it really was.
Happy WW & thanks for stopping by!
Post a Comment