Monday, June 30, 2008

No S!

Today I tried out the No S way of eating. I wanted to try this so that I can start working on my issue of food and the sin of gluttony. It is funny how when you try to start thinking a new way, all you do is think about the old way!

I was surprised about how many times I thought about food and what I was going to eat. It was almost like a panic that I would not eat enough food at lunch and I would not be able to make it to dinner. It was almost at a subconscious level that food was permeating my thinking. It makes me very sad when I think about it.

When it came time for dinner, all I kept thinking about was how I was going to make it through the evening. We usually have something "Sweet" after dinner. There is a lemon cake from Costco that we had been snacking on since Saturday and I will be so happy when it is gone! I am also going to bed as soon as my husband does so I am not tempted to eat.

1 comment:

Trudy said...

I love your posts. It is true for me too that I focus on food and how it rewards me, gets me through and helps me 'celebrate.' I like the idea of only having the "S's" on feast days and other special occasions. Although I haven't implemented it yet it has been in my thoughts since I read your prior post. (that's the easy way - now I need to do something about it)

Temperance too is a big one for me!