Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Dear Hubby!

On Monday my husband celebrated his 44th birthday! He was hoping for a nice quiet, relaxing day. Instead he got to enjoy his birthday with almost all of my immediate family. It was not the company that he minded, he just does not like to be the center of attention.

We were so happy because my oldest brother and his wife were visiting from Indiana. They were here and able to celebrate with us. Whenever they come we always go to our favorite Chinese restaurant. There were twenty one of us celebrating a nice quiet birthday.

The Birthday boy, his mother, my father, my oldest brother, my youngest sister and my other brother's arm! Oops!

My niece T, my niece J, my sister in law from Indiana, my brother, my sister in law, my brother in law, my sister and my daughter.

My nephew T, my nephew V, my niece T, my daughter, my niece Cee and my son. When the two nephews tried to get Happy Birthday going, my husband was ready to climb under the table. Luckily we were only treated to my two oldest brothers singing their rendition of Happy Birthday in Chinese! When we questioned their two different versions, they explained that they each sang in a different dialect.

And here is the birthday cake I made for my husband. It was a German Chocolate Cake made from scratch. It was good, but I think I over mixed my batter. When you don't do that, it is the best cake you will ever eat, especially if it is still a little warm! If you want to make someone happy, make them this cake, just don't over do the batter.

3 comments:

Katviper said...

That was some kind of cake. I have never seen one that tall. But with your DH sweet tooth, I'm sure he had no problems eating it.

Trudy said...

Darn, I wish I was there for the Happy Birthday part! I love to see your DH blush. I'll have to learn the trick our older brother uses to stay out of the picture. :) The cake was delicious and I don't usually like coconut. Maybe Cee needs her Godmother's baking bootcamp.

Angie said...

I LOVE German Chocolate Cake! Great choice! angie