Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My crazy life!

Where has this last week gone? I am surprised to see that it has been almost a week since I last posted. What could have possibly kept me from blogging, you ask? This Crazy Little Life of Mine!

On Friday we had to pick up my husband's truck from the shop. It had been in the shop since Tuesday. It only needed a new transmission! With the cost of everything going up, the slow down in work and now an unbelievable shop bill, how much do you think I could get for the kids? I am kidding of course, but wholly smolly, what is next! It doesn't help that his truck is a diesel and diesel is over $5.00 a gallon here!

My dear husband has also decided that we need to take up The Grasshopper's lead and start exercising. He has made me get up early every single day since Saturday to go walking. This has been tough. I usually have to get up early every morning to get work done before I go to the office. This varies from 3:00am to 5:30am depending on what I need to do. So now that he wants me to walk too, it has been rough. I do have to admit that I feel less stressed at work now that I have been walking in the morning. I have to do it in the morning because if I wait to do it in the evening, it will not happen! It has helped because he is walking too. He walks the neighborhood, I walk the treadmill. If I had to get presentable to go outside, it would take even longer.

And what is up with my children? I could never get my son out of bed in the morning to go to school. He has always been my late sleeper, even as a baby. But ever since Friday morning, he has been awake before 7:00am! If I would not have pulled him out of bed on a school day, he would have probably slept until at least 9:00am! Is this normal and will it end soon? I like my mornings with no children, at least until after I have my coffee.

My son has gone back to his old babysitter this week, now that school is out. He will start summer school next week. It will have a lot of field trips and fun activities, so he is excited to go. Well, my daughter, who is usually an angel for the babysitter, has been rotten this week. She has had to have time outs and has had a terrible attitude. The babysitter thinks it's because she is jealous of her brother being there. I think it is because they have gotten out of their strict bedtime routine and they are both waking up way to early. I can't wait for school to start, summer school at least!

I will stop my ramblings so I can get some work done. Maybe by the end of the week I will have something interesting to post about. I still need to post the rest of the Family Reunion pictures and also some great pictures from the cabin trip. Hopefully the rest of the week will mellow out! I can always hope!

5 comments:

Trudy said...

Isn't it hard to be out of sync?...everything takes so much more effort. Soon you'll have a nice little routine for Summer school. It's a phenomenon that getting up early when there's no school. Kaye does the same thing - weekdays it's a struggle and weekends she's up at 6:00. Hmmm, maybe it's an oldest sibling thing.

Way to go on the walking. What's the reward? A healthy body? You're far more sensible than me.

Carolina Mama said...

What a cute blog! Our summer starts Tues. so we'll see. Best on getting back in the grove.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I better keep my dh away from yours! There's no car or recorder thing in store for me, and we don't have no fancy inside walker here in green acres either. He'd make me go out -n plow the field!

Yep, its a summer phenomenon. Kids like to get up earlier in the summer - same with mine. Heck, just make them go out and milk the cow and gather the eggs! :)

LeeLee said...

I´m a creature of habit and thrive in routines (not schedules!) But I´m so looking forward to summer and just letting it all BE! My kids are up at the crack of dawn also but they are old enough to take care of themselves until I wake up...thank goodness! Hope things settle down for you!

As for the walking... you are such a good sport! Things like that have to be MY idea! lol

Trena said...

Best Wishes with the Walking! Working out always helps relief my stress. It is free therapy!