I have been working on creating our family Christmas card for the last week and a half. It has been so frustrating!!!! It is hard when you have an idea in your head, have some decent pictures of your children, have little money in your pocket, and zero ability to do technical things on the computer! I had such high hopes for a great original card, but I don't think it is going to happen. I finally just ordered what I had after doing and redoing the card on at least five different card sites.I remember as a child the hard part was getting a decent picture of six kids with a film camera. Oh, how great digital photography is! You can at least see if you have a picture before the kids get undressed. But at least back then, Mom just took the picture down and had them print 200 copies of the card! Today you have to be creative and create one, or at least that is what I have been thinking. I guess I should just go retro and do a simple, one photo, photo card. Yeah that is it, I'll go retro! Too late, I all ready ordered the other ones. I hope they turn out okay. I guess it really doesn't matter because it is the thought that counts, right? Merry Christmas!
4 comments:
Hi Lisa, I like your blog. Two wonderful kids!
It is definately the thought that counts. When I was pregnant I kept thinking about the first Christmas with Mary Rene and how I wanted to send out Christmas cards with her picture on the front. Now I am realizing that I just don't have time to get that all done. I guess a simple picture inside will have to do!
At least with Retro you weren't frustrated until you actually saw the pictures. The day of the picture you were all happy that you got everyone together even if they were mad because they couldn't ride their bike.
I'm sure it is beautiful! You have awesome subjects and a great camera.
Do you mean there's ever been a different way than going down and getting 200 pictures made?...And do mean you're not suppose to wait until the last week before Christmas? What a concept!!
Post a Comment