Thanksgiving came and went so fast this year. It seems like before I even realized it, I was planning the meal and going grocery shopping. I have been blessed to be the hostess for both my family and my husbands family for Thanksgiving the last several years. This year we were a smaller group with only 25 people. But like usual, we had plenty of food!

We had a smoked turkey, a barbecued turkey, a ham and lots and lots of side dishes. My favorite this year was Pioneer Woman's corn and wild rice. It was so good that I am going to make sure it is on the menu again.

After my sister got her plate she told me to get my camera. I am glad she did because her plate looked so pretty. I just love white plates, they make your food look so good!

This was suppose to be the drink table but some of the many desserts made it here. My mother in law makes the best punch and my sister in law again brought some outstanding wine! She also made the cupcakes. They were so pretty and tasted great too.

She did such a great job on them. She must be taking after her mother when it comes to baking. My mother in law always brings the desserts and she didn't disappoint this year. She made cookies, fudge, peanut butter balls, lemon meringue pie, two chocolate pies, two pumpkin pies, pumpkin cheese cake, peach cobbler and pumpkin roll! Can you say stuffed!

Before dinner the kids were out playing in the backyard. They even let me take a picture of them all together.

We were also fortunate to have our parish priest, Father Mike, come for dinner. I don't have the pull to get him to my house, but my sister does. She works at the parish office and she invited him for dinner. We were glad that he came.

I don't know what I would do with out Auntie D! She is my brother in law's sister and also my husband's 2
nd cousin; confusing I know. But Auntie D always makes the turkey gravy and she makes it so good! It would not be Thanksgiving without her.

My husband's side drinking and chatting before dinner.

My mother in law making the punch.
I didn't get very many pictures because I was busy cooking. I hardly took any of my family. I hope my sister got better pictures and shares them.
I had a great time once all the food got on the table. There was a brief time when I was wondering what I was thinking when I set the time for dinner at noon. We didn't eat at noon, but since my sister made great appetizers, everyone patiently waited. Since all the food was so good, it was worth waiting for!
6 comments:
Everything looks so lovely and yummy! You are so blessed to be able to spend the holiday with so many loved ones! I miss that...especially Thanksgiving.
oh...and I love your new background! Very festive!
Yummy! You are making me hungry all over again. :)
It was truly a lovely Thanksgiving. The best food - really, great wine, adults lingered around the table, looked through the sales for the next day, some watched football, ate dessert, an engagement announcements and the kids had a blast together outside. I'll share my pictures, you just may need to wait a bit - but soon!
Lisa, I love your festive background. I wish I could do that but I would be afraid to mess things up and pay again. You did it the right way.
I love the pictures from "the cutting room floor" and the food at Thanksgiving looks great and what a festive backround. I love checking out your blog!!!
Post a Comment