Saturday, November 22, 2008

A beautiful thought

"When the time comes, as it surely will, when we face that awesome moment, the final judgment, I've often thought, as Fulton Sheen wrote, that it is a terrible moment of loneliness. You have no advocates, you are there alone standing before God -- and a terror will rip your soul like nothing you can imagine. But I really think that those in the pro-life movement will not be alone. I think there'll be a chorus of voices that have never been heard in this world but are heard beautifully and clearly in the next world -- and they will plead for everyone who has been in this movement. They will say to God, 'Spare him, because he loved us!'"

-- the late pro-life hero, Congressman Henry Hyde

I read this quote after the election on Let the Little Ones Come. It has crossed my mind over and over since then. What a beautiful thought this is. It gives me hope in the midst of this depression.

3 comments:

Trudy said...

Makes me want to actively do something. Glad you posted this - very beautiful indeed.

Anonymous said...

Yes, whenever I hear the song "Imagine" (one of my favorites) I often wonder what it will be like. I like Congressman Hyde's addition of the little ones coming to our defense. I always told my children that "children's prayers go STRAIGHT to God. We need more like Mr. Hyde in our political realm. (and way less Mr. Jekyls)

P.S. - Hey grasshopper, we miss you!

Trudy said...

Hey Lisa, Going crazy yet?