The statue of the Virgin Mary that has been in the backyard for as long as I can remember. She has endured years of weather, but she still stands regal amongst the roses.
The "Henry Fonda Rose" that my Dad said was his favorite. It was beautiful.
Another one that my Dad said he thought was nice. It is called the "Electron Rose" I have one in my front yard, but it does not compare to my Dad's.
One of the many bushes and shrubs that he has sculptured. It is hard to really see in this picture but it is very cute with all the different little tiers that it has.
Some of the orange blossoms that will turn into the best Oranges you have ever tasted. They belong to a "Washington Naval" orange tree.
Boysenberries that are just starting to appear. These remind me of my Mother and her great Boysenberry Jam. Maybe I will try and make some this year.These are just a very few of the many things that caught my eye today. I plan on getting them together along with some thoughts on the Wonderful Father who grew all these things with hard work, patience and most importantly love.
6 comments:
You have become quite the photographer. Those pictures capture the beauty of each plant...and there are so many more!
I am surprised there wasn't a picture of the grapevine, and the tiny grapes that are starting up. They are pretty awesome too.
That Henry Fonda is a beauty! Makes me want to go buy some roses!
Lovely pictures and great documentation of a very special place. I love how Dad has combined beauty with function - the flowers and the delicious fruit that comes forth.
Great pictures! What a beautiful posting!
WOW, I never knew he had a green thumb. Very beautiful.
Post a Comment