Yesterday morning the kids wanted some orange juice. Since both of them have been fighting off the horrible crud that has been going around, I though that this was the perfect thing for them to have.Luckily, I had some of the wonderful oranges that my father grows in his back yard. My sister, The Grasshopper, did a great post awhile back on them. Go check it out here!
I got in the cupboard and got down my grandmother, Ga Ga's old juice reamer. It is an old green depression glass reamer. It is one of my favorite things. I love old things, especially when they have a sentimental attachment to them. This is one of those things. Besides, its just plain pretty!I decided to let each of the kids squeeze their own juice. They thought this was a good idea too. They went right to it, each getting their own orange. We also got down two of Ga Ga's old coffee cups. These too are some of my favorites. They have just the right feel in your hands, especially with hot coffee first thing in the morning!
They carefully poured their work into their mugs. I added a little ice to make sure that it was nice and cold. Both of them were anxious to drink up. Since I had been talking to them about their great Grandma while we were doing this, I told them that we should say Cheers to Gaga!

They always enjoy doing Cheers! It makes me sad that they were never able to meet their Great Grandma, or their Grandma from my side. I know that they both would have enjoyed their antics so much. With stories and pictures hopefully I am able to keep their memories alive not only for myself, but for my children.

4 comments:
What a cute story. I love your son's picture with the tongue as he pours the juice.
A true member of both sides of the family don't you think?
Oh how a camera can catch the honesty sometimes! Blogs are great for legacy. Just think, your great grandchildren will have a glimpse into who their grandparents really were!
It's nice that you let them USE these items instead of just looking at them. They both look like they enjoy being big kids.
Post a Comment