Tomorrow is Super Tuesday in California. It is finally our turn to vote in the primary for our picks for the upcoming Presidential election. Tomorrow we get to choose who the top two will be. This is our chance to help get the best candidate from each party. If you don't take the time to vote, then don't complain later about who we have to choose from.My mother was a big influence on me in the area of voting. She would always take us when we were kids with her when she voted. She even worked in the precincts several times. This helped shape my beliefs in voting. I think that I have only missed voting one time since I have been able to vote. That's how strongly I feel about doing my civic duty and honoring those people who fought so hard to give us the right to vote!
My DH and I have voted absentee, but we are going to walk our ballots into the precinct with our children in tow. I want them to see that we believe that it is important to vote. We also vote at a retirement center and the people there always love to see the kids. It is important to teach children from an early age! We are making sure that they realize that the respect of life is the number one issue to vote to protect.

"Let our actions make us worthy of the blessings we have received and pray that God will continue to bless us!" Diane Albers
May God Bless the United States!
2 comments:
Yes, sharing the voting responsibility message with children key to the future of this country! Your mother did a fine job of that! We are all responsible for our part in this democracy of ours, in protecting Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness (in that order). God bless America today and always - we ask in Jesus name. Amen
One of the memorable things too was sitting around the t.v together watching the President give his State of the Union Address. Mom & Dad did a good job teaching us to be thankful for the freedom in this great country.
Post a Comment