This picture was taken at a place we call "Third Falls" It is the highest of three waterfalls by my father's cabin. The cabin is in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. My father built the cabin when I was growing up. It is a wonderful place that holds many, many wonderful childhood memories for me. I hope that my children will have the same.This picture was on Memorial Weekend. My son was 3 and my daughter was only 7 months old. My niece was with us for the weekend. They were having a great time climbing around the rocks with my husband and daddy. My daughter of course was riding around the rocks with Daddy! We couldn't get to close to the waterfall that day because the water was coming down so hard and fast. The kids enjoyed getting sprayed by the mist of the fall. It was a beautiful day!
In the picture you can see the rocks at the very top of the falls. As children we would climb up to the very top and cross the stream that feeds this waterfall. Up on those flat rocks you can see where the Indian's had carved out holes in the rock to grind food. We also found several pieces of obsidian. This is what the Indian's would make their arrowheads out of. I never found one but several arrowheads have been discovered up there. It is a very wonderful, peaceful place. I hope by the time my children are old enough to climb up there, I am not in a walker!
1 comment:
It is beautiful! My memory is so bad I'm calling it first falls and thinking we did find arrowheads. I guess my pieces were sharp enough I thought they were arrowheads. Wish I was there right now (in warmer weather though).
Post a Comment