My girlfriend and her husband came over on Saturday for dinner and some crafting fun. She is the Bracelet Queen! She loves jewelry and has been making bracelets for sometime. She showed me how to make a new type of bracelet before Christmas. When she came over Saturday we were going to craft around a little. She brought me this cool little holder that she picked up from her work. She was even kind enough to bring a bag of extra beads and let the kids create their own bracelets. My daughter and my son were having fun playing around with stringing the beads. They each strung and re-strung beads to their hearts content. We had a really good time on Saturday.
On Sunday morning I noticed that my bracelet holder was empty. I looked around and didn't see where they were. When I asked the kids, my son showed me what he had done with them. He decided to decorate the refrigerator! He realized that they had magnets on the ends for clasps so he wanted to see how good they would stick. He had them all hanging on the refrigerator as accessories! He even accessorized the trash can but I forgot to take a picture of that. I told him that he could be onto the next big craft faze!

Although these glasses might be an even bigger hit! The bracelet he created for me is the one on his right. He was having fun creating a "pattern". This is something they work on in school and he did a really good job. I will wear it with pride!
2 comments:
Yes, boys have a way of finding out the fun things about all the pretty stuff. I'm sure your son will love the "eyeglasses" picture posted in his high school yearbook!
Oh, the joys I will never know. It's kind of neat to see how we can all look at something a little different. It wasn't the sparkling jewel that caught his eye but the capabilities of a magnet.
Cute bracelets! Are you going to sell them on your blog?
Post a Comment