On Saturday afternoon, my children were excited when Daddy told them they could eat their lunch outside. They decided that they were going to have a picnic. My daughter went to get the "picnic blanket" out of the cupboard. I didn't know what she was talking about until I saw the
checkerboard tablecloth.
They were having such a great time playing at their picnic that I let them stay out in the front yard. This was the first time that they played in the front yard without an adult being outside with them. I was sitting at the dining room table getting work done on the computer, so I could hear them talking and playing.

After about, oh thirty minutes give or take, I decided to go outside and see what they were up to. I was shocked at how the picnic grew in such a short time! My daughter told me that now they were having a party!
Here she is with her safety goggles. I asked her why she had them on and she told me that she needed them because she was "building" the puzzle! I guess she didn't think they needed to cover her eyes.

When they are having such a good time, how can you get upset?

It is so sad that they have nowhere to play; no big backyard or a fort and playhouse to play in. It would be a shame if they did and they let that all go to waste and instead just played on the front porch. Good thing we didn't have any visitors that day because they wouldn't have been able to get in the door!
3 comments:
What a fun mommy you are...these are the things that they will remember!! :)
How fun. The days to remember. I know with ours they always choose the clean spot. Literally clean up the Barbie house and guess who wants to play with it? Clean out the toy closet and guess who's in there ready to make it a mess again. I think they just like clear areas.
It's great that you have this little moment documented and what a treat to play in the front.
and Happy Birthday in case you didn't see the bottom greeting! Have a super day.
Just wondering did you get the cardboard box out? Trudy's right - the blank spaces leave it ALL up to their imaginations - and that's the fun of it. I also noticed that the girls hang in there way longer than the boys!
Post a Comment