I am having an interesting day. I will turn 44 years old today, at 10:10am. This birthday, more so than the others, has me looking at my life; where I have been, where I am right now, and where I want to be in the future. Maybe it is the state of the country, or the state that my personal life is in, or a combination of both that just has me sitting uneasy.
One thing I am sure of is that I need to have more prayer time in my life. I need to be on my knees more, praying for my country, my state, my neighbors and my family. I am going to make it a point, everyday to pray specifically for our country and the direction that it is going in. While I all ready pray everyday, it is not the same as scheduling time specifically to pray.
I think what I see changing is that our focus as a country is no longer on God and the individual. It probably hasn't been for along time, I just haven't seen the facts so clearly before. When our great nation was founded, it was based on a belief in God and that it was God who gives us our inalienable rights. It is through God that we are given the right to life, liberty and happiness. God is the source of everything and it is through him that our country and individuals can achieve great things.
This is the fundamental change that I see happening in the country right now. People now believe that it is the government that has the power to grant them life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The government is going to be the solution for all things. Government is the only one that can solve the problems that we have now. This is very scary to me, even more so because who is in charge at the moment. The current administration is very power centered. They believe that our Government and systems need to be changed, and the biggest change, is to give the Government more power to control things. Scary, Scary, Scary!
I have been depressed about the economy and our country because I do not believe that I have the power to change anything. What can I do as a single person to effect change on such a big problem? There really isn't much that I can do, if I am only relying on myself. But that all changes if I put God in the mix. I do have the power to pray, to ask God to lead me, to show me and direct me in the way that I should go. Through him all things can be done, whether it is to help us put the country back on the right track or only to give me peace for myself and my family. Either one of these or anything in between, will be a better place for me personally.
This was not intended to be a political post! I am just feeling old and insignificant. I always thought at 44 I would know most of the answers or at least what the questions are. Maybe it was my daughter asking me a few days ago "What do you want to be when you grow up Mommy?" that made me realize that I am grown up and I still don't know what I am doing.
So, my present to myself is going to be time for myself so that I can reflect, contemplate, pray and give thanks to God for all that he has given me, all that he will give me and for direction in the way that he wants me to go.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OK, lets back up a bit. Do you think Opoe or Gaga for that matter thought they were insignificant to change things? Even if they did think that, let's look at the importance of their lives. Because of Opoe there are 145 persons in this world that were influenced by her. Perhaps even Gaga with only 19 persons might even have influenced more. Don't ever underestimate the influence of a mother. Those two little ones are smarter than whips and she just may replace Nancy Pelosi someday. Also, what about all those people you influence in your daily work? Your compassion and empathy have more impact than you know. Happy Birthday you awesome woman!
Dear Lisa,
Prayers for a beautiful birthday! I echo your feelings about the world today and am praying with you.
Lisa-
Happy Blessed Birthday! You will be in prayers today-along with your "birthday present' petition.
Post a Comment