Where did February go? I can't believe that it has been three weeks since I have last posted. What have I been up to?
Well on Super Bowl Sunday I was pulled over for Drunk Driving! Luckily since I had my daughter in the truck with me, and we were returning from MASS, the Officer decided that he had been mistaken in believing that I was swerving on the road and he let me go. This did not stop my daughter from telling her preschool teacher that her mommy got pulled over for drunk driving! I had some explaining to do, both to her and my daughter.
And then somewhere during the past month, someone convinced me that I needed to read Twilight. This is normally not my type of book, but when I was at my son's book fair at school, it was there so I bought it. BIG MISTAKE! I am an addictive reader. Once I start a book, I get hooked, and nothing else matters. Before children, this was not a problem, now it is a big problem. Needless to say I have read the whole series now and I think my life will return to normal again soon, hopefully.
My husband and I have also opened our big mouths and have volunteered to do a big fund raising dinner for my son's school. Since this is a new fund raiser, no hours are available for other parents to work off. Needless to say it has been fun trying to get people to help and also to donate. I hope we are able to pull this off and make some money so our tuition will not go up next year!
And of course there is the concern about our country and where we are headed. I am trying not to get to worried about things, putting my faith in the Lord, but I can't help it. I read this post from Et Tu, who linked to East of Eden and it makes me even more worried. I keep asking myself, what can my husband and I do to ensure that we can take care of ourselves and our children if things get really bad. Number one is prayer, but we are trying to come up with a contingency plan just in case. I think that is what God would want us to do anyway.
I have also been reading my favorite blogs, in between Twilight, and keeping up with a group of babies that I have been praying for, Michaelman, Abby, Harper, Brayden, Cora and many families who have lost their babies. I can not imagine how difficult of a cross that would be to carry. I pray for all these families as they struggle to go on after such a loss. I have also been able to shed happy tears for those babies who have pulled through!
So here we are preparing for the beginning of March. I will be getting a year older in a few days and it is not what I am looking forward to. My daughter asked me this morning what I wanted to be when I grew up. It was sad to tell her that I was grown up and that I still didn't know! The main thing that I have accomplished is finding a good husband and having two beautiful children. Now I just need to figure everything else out! Maybe by the time I am twice my age!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I guess you had a little too much Jesus Juice at church!
How did you get pulled over if you hadn't even been drinking? was the officer a rookie or something? Anyway, I am glad that it was just a mistake!!
Hopefully march won't go by so fast!
I think it was because I was driving the big guy truck and I was driving slow down the main street. He probably thought I was a guy driving the big truck and since it was late in the evening and I was driving the speed limit, he was hoping to get lucky! I think anyway!
I like the Jesus Juice!
I was wondering where you were-welcome back. And oh I know how life can get ahold of you and not let go.
I'm sure you didn't think it was funny but I had to laugh when your daughter told her teacher about you "driving drunk." Kids say the darnest things.
Happy Birthday to you!!!
What were you doing in your car, bending off for a lost MnM or something? Funny little miss will always have a story when Mommy almost got a DUI. I have another book for you :)
I will have to read the articles you linked. Glad to have you back. So are you on Team Edward or Team Jacob?
Definitely team Edward! I think it will be interesting with Renesme and Jacob, a whole other book!
Post a Comment