Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Works for me Wednesday

Its's Valentines Day! Time for some love from the kitchen and the craft table. First let me tell you that I am not the crafty mom. I am usually doing things at the last minute. But this year with reading all these great blogs, I found some fun ideas for Valentines Day. It also helps that my oldest has started school and I new I was going to have to do something. Here are two quick and easy ideas.
I got this idea from the Pioneer Woman Cooks. She made these at Christmas time. They are quick and easy because you use premade cookie dough and candy. You can use any flavor of dough and whatever type of candy that you like. The only thing different that I did was to use a heart shape mini muffin pan instead of a round one. I put them in the mini muffin paper cups and you have a nice cookie/candy treat!

This is an idea from Martha Stewart. I got the idea from Hello my name is Heather. It is felt fortune cookies. We made our out of the foam sheets with 20 gauge florist wire. They fit about five hershey kisses and homemade fortunes. I made these with my kids on Saturday. We had a lot of fun. We also decorated the mini take out boxes with foam stick on hearts and glitter paint. I filled them with the kisses and the kids helped me stuff the boxes with a fortune cookie and a few more kisses!


For more great ideas head on over to Don't try this at Home.

4 comments:

Kathy in WA said...

Great ideas! Love the fortune cookies. Too cute! We worked on Valentines today for our homeschooling co-op. I still can't believe I brought my camera with me and didn't take a SINGLE picture.

And I call myself a blogger. Shame!

Duckabush Blog

Amy Fox said...

I love the pioneer woman cooks also!

Those valentines are sure cute. Now, I want to try and make some! Thanks for the idea.

I posted on my blog a bunch of valentine ideas my kids did (I did some also). :)

~Amy

Trudy said...

I beg to differ - you are a crafty Mom! Wow, those cookies. We'll be copying the Valentine fortune "cookies" this afternoon. Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

Wow, from dieting to those luscious treats. Must have been awfully hard. I'll have to check the Pioneer Woman blog for the recipe. Your lucky DH and little ones!