Saturday, October 18, 2008

I had to run to the store to get a few things after mass tonight. It was just my son and I in the store and it was past dinner time. So of course the entire time we are in the store, he is finding lots of things that we did not need, but with a six year old this is not unusual.

We were almost done when my son says to me, "Mommy that boy has a mother just like you." I thought this was an interesting comment so I turn to look at the boy and his mother who are across the aisle from us. There was a woman who was probably at least 15 years younger than me who is tall, thin and blonde. This of course is not how someone would describe me! So I ask him, "Oh, he has a nice mother too?" What else could the comparison be?
"Uh uh, he has a mother who says "No" to everything too."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well at least you know that your son sizes up women for their mind!

Trudy said...

Great comment Sequin! Love his comments - they always surprise me. He looks at things in a rare way. too funny.

Trena said...

What a great story! Blogging is great so you can remember these precious moments.