Monday, July 21, 2008

Letters to Heaven

I was driving home this evening with just my son in the car. He was asking me important questions, like "What is worse Mommy, lava or evil people?" I then had to explain all the benefits of lava; it can create islands, change the environment, the landscape and anything else I could make up that didn't sound made up. Next it was explaining that evil is evil and that nothing good ever comes out of evil.

After a few minutes he says, "Mommy I have a very important question I want to ask you."
I told him he could ask me anything he wanted to. He said, "Can we write letters to heaven and mail them?" I told him that our prayers are like letters to heaven and that anytime we said a prayer it was like sending a letter to heaven. "Oh" he said. I asked him who he wanted to send a letter to. "I want to send a letter to Chelsea to tell her that I miss her." he said. Yeah, I really miss her too!

3 comments:

Jennifer in TX said...

What a tender-hearted little boy you have!

Anonymous said...

You can't say much around that little guy without getting the wheels turning. He sure is a thinker!

Trudy said...

Ahhh. He has some sophisticated questions but also a tender heart. What I was really impressed with was your right-on answers. Nicely done!