Friday, January 25, 2008

What happened to my Babies?

I loaded this disc on my computer of pictures from not that long ago. When I found these it made me very sad. They made me realize how quickly life passes. It reminded me of what my brother told me when my son was eight days old. We were celebrating his oldest's eighteenth birthday. He said, "Whatever you do, don't blink. He will be eighteen before you know it." He is right. My son is now 5 1/2 and my daughter is 3. Where did the last five and half years go?
Here he is with Santa when he was only three. Now his little sister is older than he was in this picture.


Here she is in the backpack that we bought for her brother when he was smaller than she was in this picture.

Here he is with his Mimi. I remember how hard it was to break him of that. He was also still small enough to sleep with us in our bed in our fifth wheel trailer.


Oh how much fun it was to have a baby girl who I could put big bows on! I can't believe that this baby is the same little girl that I tucked in tonight.

This is a good wake up for me. I let my work keep me away from my babies far more than I should. I forget that I have to treasure everyday with them. I need to see them, really see them, each and everyday. Because no matter how hard I try, I have to blink.

2 comments:

Trudy said...

When I saw the title I thought it was a search for your daughter's "babies." Although it goes so fast it's wonderful to witness each stage and the person they become. At least you still have one with baby cheeks.

Anonymous said...

Have you thought about what college they will be going to? Your brother is right, blinking happens! They are so cute!