Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My Son the Photographer

We went to our nephew's graduation party a couple of weekends ago. I took my camera with me as usual. I was sitting around the table talking to family, when I noticed my son with the camera. He had it in one had while he was holding on to the pole of the gazebo. He was swinging around the pole and taking pictures of the ground while he did it! He thought it was cool to see how the bricks got blurry in the pictures! He had taken about 101 pictures, and this is not an exaggeration! Like I have said before, Thank God for digital!

When I got home and downloaded the pictures from the party, I was impressed by some of my son's pictures. For a five year old, he had done a pretty good job. He had pictures of family and of his Aunt's yard. Some were a little abstract, but all in all I thought he had some interesting pictures. A good photographer says that out of a hundred or so pictures, there is usually only a couple that are good. I think that was what my son was going for.

Here are a few that I thought were pretty good:

His sister eating apples.

The garden path in the back yard.

A little chair and table that are tucked away under a tree.

One of the potted plants in the yard.

The fish pond.

Some flowers with the iron butterfly and lady bug hangers.

The graduate and one of his buddies hanging out by the barbecue.

His sister again, the little sucker!

4 comments:

Katviper said...

He does have talent. I think the pictures turned out really good.

Trena said...

Great pictures! Looks like he'll be next in line with a blog!

Anonymous said...

Love the perspective. I hope he doesn't ever take a picture of his Aunt in the middle of a mouthful. Give the boy a Nikon!

Anonymous said...

I love the pond and the plant! Of course lil sis is cute too! No telling what he'll take next.