Monday, April 14, 2008

Kindergarten Mass

This is my son, he is only five years old. He is in Kindergarten. He attends a Catholic School. He has been chosen to read for the Kindergarten Mass on May 2nd. This is the paragraph that he gets to read. It is from Acts 18, 9-18.

During Gallio's proconsulship in Achaia, the Jews rose in a body against Paul and brought him before the bench. "This fellow," they charged, "is influencing people to worship God in ways that are against the law." Paul was about to speak in self-defense when Gallio said to the Jews: "If it were a crime or a serious fraud, I would give you Jews a patient and reasonable hearing. But since this is a dispute about terminology and titles and your own law, you must see to it yourselves. I refuse to judge such matters." With that, he dismissed them from the court. Then they all pounced on Sosthenes, a leading man of the synagogue, and beat him in full view of the bench; but Gallio paid no attention to it.

When I first read this, I said "You have got to be kidding!" When I showed my husband, he said "You have got to be kidding!" When I showed, never mind, you get the picture. We cannot believe that this is the reading for the Kindergarten Mass!

He is excited to do it and has actually been doing pretty good the few times that he has read it. We had fun tonight thinking of ways to remember how to say Sosthenes. It ended up being "sauce on the knees" I just hope he doesn't say it like that at mass!

5 comments:

Trena said...

When I read your post, I skipped over all those big words because I didn't even know how to pronounce them. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I can't wait to hear it!

sequin said...

Hope the tutoring goes well!! Isn't it nice that we get to hear all the readings in the Bible even if they are hard to read? I'm sure your son agrees! :)

Trudy said...

Oh my! You know his teacher has faith in him. She is entrusting him with the 8th grade reading.

Anonymous said...

You've got to be kidding, lol! I wanted to show my 6 year old, but then again, I didn't! I think my 7 year old would have trouble with that!