Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Oh My!

My sister, The Grasshopper, decided it was time to get rid of the excess in her life and her garage last weekend. So, since my garage is still full of boxes from our move two years ago, we decided we needed some of her things/junk! I thought that maybe, maybe her ab machine might be a good thing to acquire. If nothing else, it could keep the treadmill company, right?

Well, when I got home today from work, the kids and Daddy had figured out how it worked and were all anxious for me to try it out. Oh Yeah! I laid down on it, put my legs in the vice and tried to pull myself up into a sit up. I was not laying in the right spot so it was like impossible to sit up. They all instructed me to scoot down and try again. It worked this time and I was able to do like 2 of them. I stopped and scooted a little more. When I pulled up the next 8 times I started making funny noises, like a grunt. This made the DH and the kids laugh. When I collapsed, my son said to me very sweetly and seriously, "Mommy did you enjoy that?" I didn't have the heart to say "H#!! No!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? You didn't know those things work like that? I'm so glad everyone else is happy for you!

Katviper said...

When did you say your garage sale would be. I know what will be there. And I'm not buying it.

Trudy said...

I knew that contraption was a no good #%@& *(^$@ #^$!) *&^%! Off to go eat a cinnamon roll.

Lila is your new exercise buddy. For the record, that was your brother's purchase - we were just storing it for him :)