Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Saturday Baking

My daughter found a birthday present in her closet that I had forgotten all about. I didn't really mean to hide it from her, I just put it away and forgot about it. Anyway, it was her Disney Cool-Bake Magic Oven and she was excited to try it out. So after she got dressed, we went ahead and decided to do some Saturday baking.

Luckily the kit came with everything it needed, except for ice! The oven "bakes" with ice cubes? Yeah, I thought it was weird too, but we went ahead and started to bake. She mixed up the batter and I helped her put the batter in the little pans and put it in the oven/freezer. I set the timer for 12 minutes and then reset it for 5 more minutes and then 5 more minutes. What are cupcakes cooked in a freezer/oven suppose to look like? They didn't look anything like the ones on the box, but we took them out and frosted them anyway.

She didn't care what they looked like, she was having fun. Doesn't it look like a flat little mud pie?

Since it made two, she shared one with her brother. They both were saying yum yum! What more do you need?

Lots of napkins! She even had frosting on her neck. The oven was easy to use and I didn't have to worry about anyone getting burned so I guess this is a pretty cool thing, especially since I never had an Easy Bake Oven because they were to dangerous!

4 comments:

Trudy said...

She looks just like Aunt Kathy in those pictures. At first it sounded strange baking with ice cubes but after I thought about it, I wished they made one in adult size. Maybe my baking would turn out better that way.

Maybe this is the start of her future as a pastry chef. I bet her brother has the freeze baking technology all figured out by now.

Katviper said...

Her Aunt Kathy still looks like that after she gets done cooking. Hopefully she grows out of it faster then I did. I had an easy bake oven and it brings back great memories. Can't wait to see what she cooks up next.

Anonymous said...

How awesome! I'm sure she is so proud of herself and earned enough confidence that she won't have any hesitations when it comes to real baking....and let's hope the kitchen stays as clean as in those pictures! What a cutie pie!

Happy2bme said...

Aww this is a cute post. It brings back memories for me. I had an easy bake oven when I was little too and I remember how excited I was playing with it.