Saturday, August 9, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes

A few weeks ago I was getting my daughter out of the bathtub and she said to me, "Mommy don't forget to dry my peanuts." I had to stop and think for a minute what she was talking about. When it dawned on me what she was meaning, I said to her, "Honey girls don't have penis', girls have vagina's." She looked at me and said, "Okay Mommy, don't forget to dry my vaginuts." I had to try real hard not to laugh.

So the other day she is with me in the car and she says, "Mommy, why do girls have Chinas and boys have Peanuts?" When I stopped laughing I said, "Because that is the way God made us." All save the anatomy lessons for when she is a little older!

5 comments:

Trena said...

That is too cute!

Trudy said...

What a funny little girl. This is one to save for the books. "China" and "Peanuts" are not bad substitutions, it could definitely be worse. You could use these metaphors to your advantage. ...girls protect their valuable china, boys stop throwing around your peanuts :)

Anonymous said...

That's so cute and too funny. Sounds like your daughter came up with some very clever nicknames.
Our kids have nicknames for their privates and let me tell you it has saved us from some embarrassing momemnts.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, oh dear! How precious innocence is.

Christina Martin said...

Oh my goodness, that is so adorable. Thank you for sharing the smile.