She did jump out of the back yard once, even with the jump harness on. I was very sad because I thought that we might not be able to keep her if we could not keep her in the yard. My husband decided to put up a cattle hot wire fence to see if we could keep her away from the fence. Between the fence and the harness, she has not jumped out of the yard in over 3 weeks! I hope this means that she has decided that it isn't so bad here.
I just loved this picture of my daughter and Lila. It isn't the greatest quality, because it is shot through the screen door, but it captures how much she loves Lila. She will go outside, first thing every morning and give her a big hug and pet her head. On this morning she sat down with Lila and was feeding her dog food, one piece at a time!
Lila is such a sweet girl and I am glad that God sent her to us. She finally has a home with a family that loves her and I think she knows it.


2 comments:
When I saw the title I was afraid to read. So happy to hear she knows a good thing when she sees it. There's something special about her. Can't wait to see her little story play out.
Little Miss has a heart like her Momma. Maybe Lila will be her Chelsea. I'm sure Lila will always protect her.
I'm so glad for all of you. I know you miss Chelsea, but it looks like Lila was sent to fill your hearts anew. She really does seem like a sweet dog. There's no reason any more for her to want to leave. She's a keeper - Little Missy too!
Post a Comment