Today is Friday. The last day of the week. The day I am suppose to be off work and enjoying the day to day things that I never have time for because I have my own business. Well, it just never seems to work that way.
Take today for example. I got up at 5:30am so that I could "clean" the house before the housekeeper came! It has been three weeks since she has been here. With all the new toys that the kids got at Christmas, we had a major disaster. My DH and I had warned the kids since Monday, that any toys on the floor Thursday night would be taken away and they would not see them for a week. We should have saved our breath. I picked up two large black trash bags full of toys!
I also had to do at least five loads of laundry last night (so the housekeeper wouldn't see it overflowing both laundry baskets) and I had to get it all put away. This is not my favorite job. Doing the laundry; washing, drying and folding doesn't bother me that much. It's the putting away! I hate it.
And of course I had to go to the office just for a few minutes to get a few things done. I forgot to take in consideration that I had a 3 year old to help me! Two hours later, I have post it notes all over the front desk with highlighter on them and half of them have a staple in the middle. All the paperclips are out of the holder and the stapler is out of staples. I don't know what happened to the pen holder and the business card holder that I just filled is now empty. If I had been by myself it would have only taken me about 20 minutes. It will take me at least that long to straighten things out when I go back!
Then it was off to get the 5 year old at school, go grocery shopping, put everything away and then do dinner! I love Fridays because I don't have to work!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
It looks like you chose an accurate name for your Blog title. I'll tell you some tricks about hiding laundry so you can procrastinate a little longer. Five loads of laundry along with everything else sounds brutal!
I hope you're training Mr. Imagination and Ms. Princess on the laundry scene. The old commercial "My mom taught me how to make a great apple pie, but nothing about laundry" holds true for me. Getting some help as the clothes get bigger and take more loads has been a life saver for me! I don't know how you blogger have time. I just enjoy!
Post a Comment